It’s that time of year again! Pagan Spirit Gathering (PSG), hosted by Circle Sanctuary, will be ending registration on June 4, 2016, so if you are thinking of going, get registered! If you have no idea what PSG is, keep reading for more information and reasons to attend!
Nine Reasons to Attend PSG
1. Coming Home! For many PSGers, attending PSG is like going home. If you’ve never been, it’s like finding family you never knew you had. People are friendly, helpful, and ready to make new friends. From the Gate Crew that checks you in to your new neighbors for the festival, you will be met with smiles and friendship.
2. Merchants! PSG brings out the best merchants in Pagan wares, including (but certainly not limited to,) Taldish Castle which features all kinds of Pagan things from around the world as well as hand made items, Wizard’s Emporium that features clothing, Pagan things, and more, and Rainbow Dragon Dreamz which features stones, horns, and more. At last count, there are 33 different vendors this year!
3. Workshops! If you are looking for workshops, PSG has them in every flavor you could imagine. PSG pulls in the best teachers out there from our communities to create a list of workshops that will satisfy your every curiosity. Over 100 workshops are available for your perusal! Check out the workshops here!
4. Rituals! There are over 30 rituals at PSG, starting with the opening ritual on Sunday and ending with the closing ritual the following Sunday. In between, there are rituals for Rites of Passage, opening different areas around town, Handfasting, and Baby Wiccaning. There are small rituals and huge rituals, rituals for men, and rituals for women. There’s even a ritual to Bast! Check out the rituals here!
5. Pagan Leadership Institute (PLI)! The PLI is for any Pagan that is in clergy, ministry, or any leadership position, or is training to be in one. These specialized classes help deepen our understanding of what it means to be a leader, as well as give us more tools to use when we go back home. PLI classes are taught by leaders within our community. Look in the workshop link above for PLIs!
6. Community! PSG creates a village or town that is entirely Pagan. It’s a great opportunity to be immersed in the Pagan community, which is unique to PSG. Once you are there, you can let your Pagan flag fly and be yourself!
7. Sweat Lodge! Have you ever wanted to participate in a sweat lodge? PSG is the place to enjoy a good sweat! The people that set up and facilitate the sweat lodge are amazing and they walk you through every step.
8. Concerts! PSG brings in some amazing Pagan musicians that will teach workshops, hold meet and greets, and have concerts! This year, Tuatha Dea, Celia, Spiral Rhythm, Sentinel Grove, Arthur Hinds, Brian Henke and Beltana Spellsinger will delight everyone with their own brands of music.
9. Nationally known presenters! Selena Fox, Byron Ballard, Kathryn Hinds, Lupa, Judith Olson-Linde and Nels Linde will share knowledge through workshops and meet and greets. It’s a great way to get to know these great leaders in our community.
10. BONUS! Bardapalooza! In this one night, all of the musicians will come together for a wonderful night of sharing music between the groups, to the awe of everyone in attendance!
If you’ve never attended a festival, you should seriously look into PSG. It’s an amazing experience no matter how long you’ve been on your path.
Many Blessings! Come see us at PSG under the Three Rivers Pagans banner!